Thursday, June 22, 2017



EASY, TASTEY CROCK POT
 CASHEW CHICKEN



Hello, My Friends! 

It's time to share another recipe again, so rolling pins up!

I am so in love with Chinese food, the Americanized version. But, having said that, I must add that I am very fussy about my Chinese food.  You can find a wide variety of preparation from Panda's (which I love as mall food) to high quality restaurant food.  In all my searching for great restaurant Chinese food, I found Kim's Restaurant, Medford, Oregon in the 50's, 60's and into the 70's was the perfect cuisine.  I found a couple other very good ones too, but since the China Hut.  They know how to do pan fried noodles.  They have the best shrimp sauce, ever (I could drink it from the bottle). The food is always steaming hot and fresh, and there are tons of left-overs to take home. 

There are times when we can't treat ourselves to restaurants, so I like to find really good recipes to prepare at home.  Today's recipe is one of those.  Not only is it easy, it is delicious.  I serve it on Jasmine White Rice, and it satisfies that special oriental food craving

I found the recipe on Favorite Family Recipes blog (one of my very favorite bogs).  This is what they had to share about Cashew Chicken:

Did you know that Cashew Chicken was not invented in China?  It was invented in Springfield, Missouri in the United States in 1963.  A chef from China, David Leong, created the dish as he was trying to incorporate the flavors of his homeland with the tastes of the local residents.  It became a very popular dish and he was very open to sharing the recipe with other restaurant owners.   Now over 50 years later, the entree that consists of bite-sized pieces of fried chicken in the rich brown sauce with crunchy cashews is on the menu of almost every Chinese restaurant in the United States

How fun it is to learn about foods we enjoy.  Try this recipe, soon.  You will  love it!






💙💙💙💙💙💙💙


CROCK POT CASHEW CHICKEN
Ingredients
  • 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (About 4 pieces), cut into smaller pieces
  • 1/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 1 Tbsp canola oil
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
  • 2 Tbsp ketchup
  • 1 Tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
  • 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
  • 1/2 cup UNSALTED cashews
Instructions
  • Combine flour and pepper in resealable food storage bag. Add chicken. Shake to coat with flour mixture.
  • Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken about 2 minutes on each side. Place chicken in slow cooker.
  • Combine soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes in small bowl; pour over chicken.
  • Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours. Add cashews and stir.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mexican Street Corn Casserole I could hardly wait toi share this wonderful recipe with you, from Lauren's Latest cook...